The NGO Museum of Wildlife – Zoo Sadgorod is a scientific and cultural-educational institution, which keeps animals of local fauna and exotic animals from different parts of the world in Vladivostok, Russia.
– Zoo Overview –
Number of animals: 274 (approximately 49 variety of animals at 2018)
Highlight: 10 species are listed in the Red Book of the Russian Federation and 5 species are listed in the Red Book of Primorsky Region
Since June 2014, the zoo management decided to use the EM product for animals, EM-Vita, as a trial.
The immediate challenge was to eliminate persistent odors in fox cages.
To treat this problem, EM-Vita was added daily to animals’ water and sprayed in animals cages.
After 15 days the objective was successfully achieved and they decided to apply EM-Vita periodically.
They clean and wash twice a week cages using diluted Activated EM･1 (AEM) and then, stop the use of disinfectants.
During warm season, they spray AEM three times a week onto ceilings, partitions, internal and external walls of animal holding areas. In winter such operation is carried out only in warm rooms.
Since EM products have a pH below 3.3, pH on the treated surfaces reduced to 4.5; as almost all viruses become inactive at pH below 4.5, they apply AEM as a safe and effective alternative to chemicals.
EM-Vita is also added to drinking water for animals and birds.
EFFECTS AND RESULTS
After using EM products during one year, they see the following results:
- Animals and birds improved digestion and immunity system. Particularly, good results were seen in rabbits.
- Animals ceased to suffer from being upset with gastrointestinal tract during the autumn and spring, when the transition from juicy forages to dry ones and vice versa occurred.
- Unpleasant smells in the territory of the zoo disappeared. This was not only appreciated by visitors and staff, but also by residents living nearby.
- The number of flies, bedbugs and other harmful insects decreased significantly.
- The number of animals stress factors decreased.
- Use of medicines, antibiotics and disinfectants decreased.
- Animal excrement became less fetid and easier to compost.
EM-Vita is an EM secondary product available in Russia only
For further information please contact our partner in Russia at:
OOO “Primorskiy EM-Center”
Mordovtseva Str, 8D, Vladivostok 690091 Russia
Tel: 8-800-333-65-95 (free call)